If you follow my social media accounts, you know I’m completely obsessed with charcuterie, cheese and snack boards! It’s the best way to enjoy good food, especially during holidays when you’re gathered with family and friends.
For the Fourth of July I just couldn’t pass up an opportunity to share some patriotic red, white and blue themed board inspiration. A huge misconception about charcuterie boards is that they have to be expensive to be good – that’s simply a myth I debunk over and over again with my creations. You can make your own boards at a reasonable cost by using in-season fruits and vegetables, using what you already have in your fridge and pantry, and getting creative with platters and dishes in your kitchen!
This red, white and blue charcuterie board is not only perfect for the Fourth of July, but the theme can be used all summer long. Plus it can be used to commemorate other holidays such as Memorial Day, Veteran’s Day or really any occasion!
Here are a few additional food ideas to make a red, white and blue charcuterie board that the whole family and your guests will enjoy this summer!
Red Food Ideas
- Cured meats (salami, prosciutto)
- Red bell pepper slices, cherry tomatoes
- Fruits such as cherries, red grapes, pomegranate arils, red apple slices, currants or watermelon.
- Red fruit jellies or preserves, salsas
- Sun dried tomatoes
White Food Ideas
- Veggies, such as cauliflower florets or sliced cucumber with skin removed
- Fruits such as banana slices, coconut and sliced pears or apples
- Ranch dip or tzatziki
- White chocolate or yogurt covered nuts or pretzels
- Cream cheese spread, baked brie
- Potato chips or popcorn
Blue Food Ideas
- Blueberry preserves, dried blueberries
- Concord grapes
- Black currants
- Blue corn chips
Feature image by Ginain Grayes | Originally published in July 2022