Strawberry season is here! That means I’ll be flooding my social media pages with tasty strawberry treats and recipes. Florida strawberry season begins at the end of November and runs until April 1. We’re in the peak of the season, when strawberries are bountiful and usually on sale and priced just right! My family’s looking forward to u-pick season at a few of our favorite local strawberry farms. Stop by my Instagram page to see all the yummy treats we make with our u-pick strawberry hauls!
Strawberry Nutella Turnovers
- 1 box Frozen Puff Pastry (2 sheets)
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 9 strawberries, quartered or sliced
- Egg wash, optional
- Remove puff pastry from box and let it thaw for 10 minutes, until bendable.
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut puff pastry into 18 equal squares. Use the creases on the puff pastry to guide you.
- Spread 1 teaspoon Nutella in the center of each puff pastry square.
- Place two slices of strawberry over each dollop of Nutella.
- Fold pastry in half diagonally and slightly pinch edges to stick. (TIP: If the edges don’t want to stick together, Slightly dampen edges with a drop of water and pinch to make it adhere.)
- Transfer the turnovers to the lined cookie sheet.
- Brush egg wash over the tops of the turnovers.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes and enjoy.
Homemade Strawberry Milkshake
- 2 cups strawberry ice cream
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (you can use fresh strawberries, or both)
- 3/4 cup almond milk (Substitute with whole milk or reduced fat milk)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (Substitute with honey)
- Put strawberries (frozen, fresh or both), milk, ice cream and sugar into a blender and blend thoroughly until smooth and creamy. If it’s too thick, add a little more milk.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with toppings such as whipped cream, fresh strawberries or sprinkles. Enjoy!
Strawberry Pineapple Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- 2 cups strawberries cut into small cubes
- 2 teaspoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar (for salsa)
- 1/2 cup pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 6 flour tortillas 6-inch size
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
- 1/4 cup sugar (for cinnamon chips)
- Optional: Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Set aside a large baking sheet(s).
- Wash and cut strawberries, pineapple and onions into smaller sized cubes.
- In a medium bowl, add pineapple, strawberry and red onions. Add sugar and fresh lime juice. Mix together.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge until serving.
- Cut the tortillas into triangles and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add melted butter and toss. Add cinnamon and sugar, tossing until evenly coated.
- Place pieces onto prepared baking sheets and bake 3 minutes per side, flipping halfway through. (They bake quickly so pay close attention to prevent them from burning.)
- Garnish the salsa with fresh cilantro and serve with baked cinnamon chips.
Originally Published in February 2022