Backpack? Check. Notebooks? Check. A game plan for urgent medical needs? We can help get that one checked off your list right now.
As kids get back into the swing of the school year, it’s the perfect time to review where you can go when you or a family member needs fast emergency care. It may surprise you to find out that the ER or urgent care aren’t your only options—especially if you like saving time and money.
For illnesses or injuries that need prompt attention, you can head to GuideWell Emergency Doctors, an advanced urgent care facility with the same capabilities as an ER.
Before heading to the emergency room, ask yourself:
- Will I be able to get quality care within my budget? ER visits are notoriously expensive. On average, GuideWell Emergency Doctors is less than one third the cost of an ER visit.1
- Can I get in, get seen and get out quickly? While some ERs advertise short wait times, you still may end up waiting a while. Not with us. From check-in to check-out, you’ll get high quality care in half the time of an average ER visit.2
- Does the location make my comfort a priority? Not a fan of crowded ER waiting rooms? At GuideWell Emergency Doctors, we want to make sure you feel at ease as soon as you walk through our doors. That’s why we provide a comfortable waiting area, private rooms, heated blankets and free Wi-Fi.
Before heading to urgent care, ask yourself:
- Will I be seen by someone who’s a certified emergency medicine specialist? While urgent care centers may have doctors on site, GuideWell Emergency Doctors locations are staffed by Board-Certified Emergency Medicine Doctors who all have at least five years of ER experience.
- Are the services I need available? Many times, urgent care facilities can’t handle certain medical emergencies and may have to send you to the ER. Then you end up paying for BOTH visits. With the same services as the ER, come see us and save yourself an extra trip (and the extra expense).
- Are lab tests and advanced X-rays available on-site? Unlike most urgent care facilities, GuideWell Emergency Doctors locations have on-site lab testing, advanced X-ray capabilities, and CT scans—plus the ability to get results in less than an hour, getting you the right care, faster.
This school year, head to emergency care that can check all the boxes. Able to treat major or minor health conditions, GuideWell Emergency Doctors is Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)-certified and here to help patients of all ages, from newborns and new moms to toddlers and teens. Find your closest location at guidewellemergency.com/locations.
1 Cost is based on health plan actuarial analysis performed in 2016 that compared cost of hospital‐based ER visit versus a GuideWell Emergency Doctors visit.
GuideWell Emergency Medicine Doctors, LLC, is doing business as GuideWell Emergency Doctors, which are stand‐alone urgent care facilities operated by Crucial Care. Crucial Care is a corporation based in Jacksonville, Florida that specializes in advanced medical facilities that provide Emergency Medicine Physician services.
Crucial Care is a registered trademark owned by Medical Life, Inc. 110360-0722
*Presented by GuideWell Emergency Doctors | Originally published in October 2022 of Tampa Bay Parenting Magazine.