I absolutely love this time of year. We welcome springtime, the kids are on spring break, it’s the perfect time for a road trip AND the national food calendar is loaded with reasons to celebrate!
I’m Jenny, the lunchbox mom at @Lunchboxmafia on Instagram. This month I’m sharing some super fun and yummy St. Patrick’s Day inspo, picky eater tips and some recipes you’ll want to make this month.
- March 17 – St. Patrick’s Day
- March 19 – National Chocolate Caramel Day
- March 20 – National Ravioli Day
St. Patrick’s Day Inspired Lunches and Snacks!
TIP: Cutting the pea pods open will turn your picky eater into a food explorer!
Celebrate National Chocolate Caramel Day!
Turn ho hum brownies into a decadent dessert by adding caramel inside! Here’s what you’ll need. Grab your favorite boxed brownie mix and 3 chocolate caramel bars.
- Preheat your oven and prepare your brownie mix per directions on the box.
- Pour 1/2 of the mix into your pan.
- Lay your chocolate caramel bars on top of the brownie mix and then pour the remaining brownie mix over the chocolate caramel bars.
- Bake as directed.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Celebrate National Ravioli Day on March 20!
We love pasta around here and Ravioli is one of our favorites. We usually pack ravioli with hubby’s pasta sauce in a thermos for a hot lunch. We like them just as well breaded and toasted with marinara dipping sauce. They’re perfect for little hands and the lunchbox.
TIP: Kids LOVE to dip their food. Try serving a dip when you’re introducing new foods.