The Toy Insider has just unveiled its expert picks for the best toys, games, and gifts in its 17th annual Holiday Gift Guide and the best part is 70% of the 360 toys listed are under $50.
The hottest toys are broken down into three categories: the Hot 20 (most wished-for items of the year), the STEM 10 (science, technology, engineering, and math toys that make learning fun) and the 12 Under $20.
Now, there is bit of bad news this year and it shouldn’t come as a surprise.
We continue to see the impacts of record-high inflation reflected on the price points of toys in all categories. Add in the supply chain issues from last year and you will see a difference when you go holiday shopping this year.
“We’re already seeing inflation impacting the toy box. Getting your hands on hot toys this year means budgeting more dollars, plus shopping early to avoid the disappointment of a sold-out toy,” said Laurie Schacht, Chief Toy Officer, The Toy Insider.
The Toy Insider says their data shows that you can expect to pay up to 15 percent more on toys and games this holiday season.
With this in mind, this year’s hottest toys guide has a budget-friendly tone with as many as 125 gift ideas priced under $25.
So, let’s get to it! Here are the toys that made 2022’s Hottest Toys List! Happy shopping, friends!
The Toy Insider’s Hot 20
- Fisher-Price DJ Bouncin’ Beats (Mattel)
- Level Up Gaming Chair (LeapFrog)
- Barbie Dreamhouse (Mattel)
- Bluey Ultimate Lights & Sounds Playhouse (Moose Toys)
- Clean Sweep Learning Caddy (LeapFrog)
- CoComelon Boo Boo JJ Doll (Jazwares)
- Disney Encanto EZ Link Karaoke Machine (eKids)
- Disney Junior Alice’s Wonderland Bakery Alice Doll & Magical Oven Set (Just Play)
- Monster Jam Monster Garage (Spin Master)
- Play-Doh Kitchen Creations Ultimate Ice Cream Truck Playset (Hasbro)
- Addison Rae – Deluxe Music Fashion Doll (Bonkers Toys)
- Akedo Triple Strike Tag Team Arena (Moose Toys)
- L.O.L. Surprise! O.M.G. Fashion Show (MGA Entertainment)
- Magic Mixies Magical Crystal Ball (Moose Toys)
- RukusFX Motion-Controlled Music Mixer (Just Play)
- Squishmallows 16-inch Buddy Squad (Jazwares)
- AirTitans Jurassic World Massive Attack T.Rex R/C (Jakks Pacific)
- LEGO Super Mario Adventures with Peach Starter Course (LEGO)
- Nintendo Switch Sports (Nintendo)
- Vital Hero (Bandai Namco Toys & Collectibles America)
The Toy Insider’s STEM 10
- Critter Creator Fossil Kit (Crayola)
- LEGO City Mars Spacecraft Exploration Missions (LEGO)
- Magic Adventures Microscope (LeapFrog)
- National Geographic Herb Garden Growing Kit (Blue Marble)
- Osmo Coding Starter Kit (Osmo)
- Pinxies Butterfly Hot Air Balloon (Luki Lab)
- Smart Chart Medical Kit (VTech)
- Switcheroo Coding Crew (Learning Resources)
- Trestle Tracks Deluxe (Fat Brain Toys)
- Ultra Bionic Blaster (Thames & Kosmos)
The Toy Insider’s 12 Under $20
- 5 Surprise Foodie Mini Brands (ZURU)
- Captivz Dominion Dino Surprise Egg (ToyMonster)
- CoComelon Pattern Party Game (Funko Games)
- Express My Feelings Journal (hand2mind)
- Fashion Fidgets (WowWee)
- Glow Fusion Marker Coloring Sets (Crayola)
- Kittens vs Gherkins (Cepia)
- Pixicade Pets (BitOGenius)
- Playfoam Naturals (Educational Insights)
- Pop It! Pro (Buffalo Games)
- Star Wars Micro Galaxy Starfighter Class (Jazwares)
- Tugl Cube (Fat Brain Toys)
For an extended list, visit thetoyinsider.com