The Clearwater Marine Aquarium is a great place for babies and toddlers to learn and grow and now the aquarium is teaming up with Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital to offer a free 8-week parent training series this fall to help their parents learn and grow as well.
Each week of this series of free parenting classes centers around different developmental milestones including positive discipline techniques, feeding, and language development for children from birth to 5-years-old. You can pick and choose which session you’d like to attend or go to them all. The sessions will be hosted on Thursdays from 10 am-11:30 am September 21 through November 9. 2023.
While the classes are free, your RSVP is required to secure your spot.
“We’re pleased to have this collaboration between Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital and Clearwater Marine Aquarium – a marine animal hospital,” said Joe Handy, CEO of Clearwater Marine Aquarium. “We educate guests about our animals’ health care and rehabilitation as we are the stewards of our world’s oceans and the animals that live in them. With this partnership, All Children’s Hospital experts will provide valuable health and development information to Tampa Bay parents,” said Handy. “We really see it as a full-circle moment to educate, inspire and make an impact.”
Free Parenting Class Schedule at Clearwater Marine Aquarium:
- Sept. 21: The positive impact of behavior when using picture schedules
- Sept. 28: Cooking with your child and the benefits it has on feeding and language development
- Oct. 5: Myths versus Facts on bilingual language development
- Oct. 12: The Terrific Two’s and how to use positive discipline techniques
- Oct. 19: Top 10 Toys: How to use toys to facilitate language development
- Oct. 26: Storytelling techniques: How to read to your infant, toddler, and preschooler for pre-literacy development
- Nov. 2: The overall impact of screen time on parents and children
- Nov. 9: “Ask the Experts” Join a panel of speech, physical and occupational therapists for a question and answer session
-Marsha Strickhouser with Clearwater Marine Aquarium also contributed to this article!
Related stories we think you’ll LOVE: