Beat the BRRRRR with our favorite indoor activities in Tampa Bay!
Wowzers! Get ready to get your BRRRRR on this week as temperatures plunge way below normal! The park may be out of the question for many of you, so we’ve put together this list of fun things to do in Tampa Bay that are INDOORS!
- Explore a local museum. There are so many wonderful museums in the Tampa Bay area! For the little ones, Glazer Children’s Museum, Great Explorations and The Florida Aquarium are our top picks. The older kids will love the newly renovated MOSI, The Dali Museum and the Tampa Museum of Art. Read: 7 Tampa Bay Museums Your Kids Will Love.
- Stay home and PLAY! There is nothing wrong with a little boredom. Let your kids put their imaginations…and new Christmas toys to use! Read: What Play Teaches Kids
- Perfect for Star Wars fans: Star Wars™ and the Power of Costume Check out this popular temporary exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts as the Smithsonian traveling exhibition visits the St. Pete museum to showcase its iconic costumes from a galaxy far, far away. Get a closer look at costumes that shaped the identities of some of the film industry’s most famous characters. mfastpete.org This will be on exhibit until April.
- Go through your closets and purge unwanted clothing, toys and more! Reduce the clutter and give back to families who need the toys and clothing your kids have outgrown! Get the kids involved.
- Bounce around! There are several indoor bounce places like Boing! Fun Center in Tampa which features trampolines for days and Playgrounds of Tampa in South Tampa which features indoor bounce houses and a toddler play area.
- Brave the cold and go ice skating! This is a great time to lace up the ice skates and give outdoor ice-skating a try at Winter Village at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park in downtown Tampa. Ice skate rentals are part of the $13 ice-skating fee. Winter Village is open from 10am-10pm through January 5.
- Connect with the sea at The Florida Aquarium. Wander through the indoor exhibits and connect with nature.
- Head to your neighborhood library and pick out some favorite books for an afternoon of reading. If you don’t have a library card yet, this is the perfect week to do it!
- Go shopping! If your kids can handle an afternoon of shopping, there are plenty of sales and deals! Head to the mall to shop, play and grab lunch.
- Go bowling or roller skating! There are places all across Tampa Bay to take the kids! It’s a great way to get some energy out and have fun as a family.
- Check out GameTime in Ybor City. If your kids like gaming, they’ll love the massive arcade at GameTime!