Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day | 12+ local museums participating!
Smithsonian Magazine’s 18th annual Museum Day will be celebrated Saturday, September 17, 2022 at more than 1,300 museums and cultural centers around the country. To take part, all you have to do is download a branded ticket and go!
There are more than 12 museums participating here in Tampa Bay including one of our favorite places to explore, the Tampa Bay History Center. This is the perfect time to check out the Treasure Seekers exhibit which tells the tales of Tampa Bay and Florida’s history of pirates, conquistadors and shipwrecks. There are even ways little kids can interact with the exhibit too, so it’s a great option for the whole family!
This year’s theme for the national event is ‘The American Experience’, a “celebration of boundless curiosity that grants access to the remarkable arts, culture, sciences, innovation, and history exhibits across the United States”.
Tampa Bay area museums participating in Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day:
Get your FREE Smithsonian Museum Day ticket here.
- Henry B Plant Museum in Tampa
- Tampa Bay History Center in Tampa
- Cracker Country in Tampa
- Ybor City Museum State Park
- Museum of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg
- The Florida Holocaust Museum in St. Petersburg
- Imagine Museum in St. Petersburg
- The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature in Bradenton
- Manatee County Agricultural Museum (Free everyday)
- Palmetto Historical Park (Free everyday)
- Leepa-Rattner Museum of Art in Tarpon Springs (Free everyday)
- Polk Museum of Art in Lakeland (Free everyday)
- Countryman Family One Room Schoolhouse Museum in Brooksville
- 1885 Train Depot Musuem in Brooksville
- Mary-Stringer House Museum in Brooksville
Museums offering FREE admission on Museum Day, but not through the Smithsonian program:
- The James Museum of Western and Wildlife Art in St. Pete
- Art Alive at The Dali in St. Pete FREE for Pinellas County residents with ID
More places where kids get in FREE with a paying adult during the month of September:
- Gatorland in Orlando
- Kennedy Space Center in Merritt Island
- FREE and Super Cheap Things to Do with the Kids in Tampa Bay