September’s Game Day Fun with the Kids in Tampa Bay!
Nothing says ‘It’s FALL, Y’ALL!” like settling into the stands, and aren’t we lucky with our sports scene in Champa Bay! There are several home games families can experience this month with the kids. In fact, you can pretty much fill each week with a chance to cheer on the home teams.
Tampa Bay Rays September Home Games:
- Sept. 2, 3, 4 vs. New York Yankees
- Sept. 5, 6, 7 vs. Boston Red Sox
- Sept. 16, 17, 18 vs. Texas Rangers
- Sept. 19, 20, 21 vs. Houston Astros
- Sept. 22, 23, 24, 25 vs. Toronto Blue Jays
Tampa Bay Rays Quick Facts:
- Children ages 2 and older must have a ticket.
- Be sure to check out the Rays Touch Experience—a 10,000-gallon touch tank exhibit in partnership with the Florida Aquarium. It’s located just beyond the right-center field fence.
- Sundays are Family Fun Days with the Tampa Bay Rays! Every Sunday home game at Tropicana Field will feature family fun performers, including face painters and balloon artists. Kids are invited to run the bases following the conclusion of the game.
- Purchase Tampa Bay Rays Tickets here.
Tampa Bay Rowdies Home Games:
- Saturday, Sept. 3 at 7:30 p.m. vs. Las Vegas Lights FC
- Friday, Sept. 23 at 7:30 p.m. vs. Birmingham Legion FC
- Wednesday, Sept. 28 at 8 p.m. vs. El Paso Locomotive FC
Tampa Bay Rowdies Quick Facts:
- All children ages 2 and older must have a ticket.
- Al Lang Stadium is cash free.
- No bags are allowed into Al Lang Stadium with the exception of: diaper bags, medical bags, and bags smaller than 5 by 8 by 1 inch.
- Come out to one of the final six matches of the Tampa Bay Rowdies regular season with your family and receive a discounted ticket rate. Call (727) 222-2000 and reference Parenting Magazine for an opportunity for your kids to participate in the Pregame Rally Tunnel on the field.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers September Home Games:
- Sunday, Sept. 25 at 4:25 p.m. vs. Green Bay Packers
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Quick Facts:
- All attendees must have a ticket due to NFL policy.
- Go early to check out Bucs Beach on the side of the stadium along Tampa Bay Boulevard. There are plenty of photo ops, performers, music and more!
- Check out the Jr. Bucs Kids Zone too. Kids can test their skills in the inflatable obstacle course, toss a football and more!
- There’s a new Krewe’s Nest seating section in the south end zone, bringing the total seats to nearly 70,000.
- Purchase Tampa Bay Buccaneers game tickets here.
Tampa Bay Lightning Preseason Home Games in September:
- Wednesday, Sept. 28 at 7 p.m. vs. Carolina Hurricanes
- Thursday, Sept. 29 at 7 p.m. vs. Nashville Predators
Tampa Bay Lightning Quick Facts:
- Children under 2 do not need a ticket as long as they can sit on a lap.
- The Kids Club table is typically located at section 128 during games.
- Get your camera ready! ThunderBug is at every game.
- Purchase Tampa Bay Lightning tickets here.
Don’t forget to join the fan clubs for kids!
Jr. Bucs Fan Club
Kids 14 and younger can become a super fan with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers! There is a one-time registration fee of $24.99 which includes your child’s welcome kit full of Bucs swag like official membership card, Bucs hat and more. Your child will also get priority invites to future Jr. Bucs events.
ThunderBug’s Kids Club
The memberships for the current season are FREE. You’ll get notifications about special events for Kids’ Club members and take advantage of some of the online fun like coloring pages, games and more. Kids Club members also get one FREE kids’ admission to MOSI with a paying adult.
Rays Rookies Kids Club
Although Rays Rookies Kids Club memberships are sold out for 2022, you can sign up for Rays Newsletters using this link to be notified by email when information is available about the 2023 Rays Rookies Kids Club. Kids receive Rays swag and discount tickets.
Related stories we think you’ll LOVE:
- Get to know Devin White of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Perseverance, Character, and Teamwork: Life lessons with Shaq Barrett of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Fatherhood and Football: A conversation with Will Gholston of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Mike Evans of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers talks football, family life and life lessons learned on the field
- BOGO is back! We get to know Zach Bogosian of the Tampa Bay Lightning as he returns to the team
- Game Day Tips: How to ensure the best Bucs game day experience at Ray Jay with the kids